HI Tobey:

My pleasure man! I found myself in your position around this time last
year. And that I'm able to put a promo together for the first time in
ProTools is a milestone for me. I didn't find most videos useful too.
And even when I asked people in the group how to mix in ProTools, they
referred to me ProTools' documentation and reference guide. The
documentation showed me some things but couldn't helped me get onto
producing anything as the tutorial I bought sometimes 3 years ago did
for me. I can send you the tutorial directly, but it's also music
production oriented.

Yes, you'll need the FlowTools down the line. For instance, when you
want to apply compression onto the mix at the end or go into the EQ
parameters. With the Flowtool, you won't have to go the the instructor
in the tutorial I'll send you went through.

I found some of the keys from the tutorial and some other ones from
the class I took this winter from ISeeMusic. For the most part, the
command keys I learned from ISeeMusic are FlowTools commands, which
are online on the FlowTools page.

This PTAccess Group has ProTools documentation in the PTAccess Group
DropBox. Send another message if you don't hear or read anything from
the group in regard to it by Monday. Slau, one of the guys leading the
group, will add you on to group. Also when you look into the ProTools
menu by holding down VO key and pushing M and then with the VO key
still held, push right arrow and then push down arrow to go down the
columns to find command keys for some tasks under file, Edit, and so
on.

Hope this helps.

Dammie