While we're on the subject of helping Danny with his verb issue, I figured I'd ask this question.

When, if ever, is it appropriate to put a reverb plug directly on an insert of an audio or mono track?

I usually have been putting the reverb directly on one of the inserts of the audio track for my vocal, then simply going into the plug itself, and adjusting the wet/dry mix ratio within the plug itself.

Evidently, that isn't the best way to do this though. Everyone I've seen online, and read about seems to do it via sends to an AUX track instead. I could see this if you're trying to take multiple tracks, and adjust the reverb together for all tracks, but if you only have one lead vocal track, and that's all you wanna verb, then would my method not work?

I'm just trying, ultimately, to figure out what things to ask myself to determine what would be the best workflow. I know it will depend on a application per application scenareo basis, but... yeah...