Hi Steve,

If you have the preference checked for "audio during fast forward and rewind,"
you can advance while hearing brief snippets while the transport forwards and
rewinds through the timeline. Another option is to change your nudge value to
something like 4 or eight bars and advance the insertion cursor by that value
with a keyboard shortcut. You can change the nudge value by going to the Edit
window, navigating over to the Grid/Nudge cluster, interacting, going over to
the nudge custom value, VO-click on it, press Delete or decimal, enter the
bar/beat/tic value and press Return. If you use Flo Tools, double-tap
Command+f7, enter the value and press Return.
HTH,
Slau