Yes, you can set up Avid Link to auto update plug-ins. Again, it's not terribly
accessible to do so but it's not impossible without sighted assistance. Level
of accessibility has changed over the years. I'm not sure if it's at all
possible right now without sighted assistance to set that up but, if you do set
it up, it's essentially a background process and not a bad idea to implement.