Hello Niklas,

Actually, I personally believe your idea of using Excel is quite appropriate,
assuming your user is familiar with this application…

I understand your concern about the lack of ability to view more than one thing
at a time but, that’s the name of the game for a Blind individual😊  That being
said, I did use Excel myself to represent an IVR menu structure for a call
center customer.

Going down that road, you have a couple of friends that I think will go a long
way for you & your user.  They are, Indentation & Cell merging…

Once the user gets a grip on the concept, he/she will be able to figure out
what’s connected to what.  For instance, you may start with the main console
(from left to right), then progress downwards as you show the elements that are
connected to it…  With your columns reaching XFD, you probably will be able to
fit whatever you need to fit in there.

& if you want to push the concept further, you may use Excel’s Name Manager or
create several region/tables to force title reading in the middle of your
spreadsheet…  Be ware though, screen readers may react differently.  As they
say, YMMV😊

The merge cell function, can be used for the user to move back & forth in your
tree…  Not easy to explain in an email but, I hope I was clear enough to jump
start you…

Let me know if I can help further…

HTH

Cheers, from Varennes, Qc, Canada,