On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Paul Goh wrote:

> I'm currently using Linux Redhat, ProC is using pthreads.
>
> I heard from a jabber developer that pth is also using pthreads, and thus
> the conflicts...but when I tried to see if pth is using pthreads, I cannot
> find
> any links using ldd.

Pth can emulate pthreads, but it doesn't use them. If you link pth library
together with -lpthread under linux you will get problem. This is from my
eperience.

Probably you can compile pth, so that it will have pthread support, then
remove -lpthread from linking command line. If this allow ProC use pth
emulation then everything must be ok.

Igor Khasilev                |
PACO Links, [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |