I don't know much about electromechanical systems, but here are
some thoughts.

You might find the SigmaDelta example in
$PTII/ptolemy/domains/ct/demo/SigmaDelta/SigmaDelta.xml
to be of interest.
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/ptolemy/domains/ct/demo/SigmaDelta/SigmaDelta.htm

Ptolemy II has a GR domain that is great for visualizing
mechanical systems.
The bouncing ball demos and the Newton's cradle demos could b of interest.

We've been doing a certain amount of work involving Zeno conditions,
hopefully more of that work will appear later.
In $PTII/ptolemy/domains/ct/demo, CartPendulum, Pendulum3D,
SinuBouncing all are in the devel tree, which is available via cvs, see
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal

_Christopher

--------

    Dear Ptolemy users,

    I recently installed Ptolemy. I am interested in the simulation of
    electromechanical systems.

    I started by modelling the equations of a damped mechanical oscillator
    subject to an external force, which I modelled using a CurrentTime actor
    and an Expression actor, in my case an exponential impulse. This example
    works great.

    Now, I would like to substitute the exponential impulse by a more
    complex, arbitrary, waveform of the external force. My idea is to use a
    piece-wise linear waveform that I could modify to resemble a realistic
    mechanical impulse.

    Could someone give me an idea on how to do that? Is that possible with
    Ptolemy? I don't know if I should use a DE director (defining a sequence
    of values) inside the CT director that I use to solve the equations.
    Honetly, I am lost and don't know how to do it.

    Any hint will be very much appreciated.

    Francesc

    o o o  Francesc Moll Echeto           | High Performance IC Design Group
    o o o  Dpt. Electronic Engineering    | www: http://pmos.upc.es/blues
    o o o  Univ. Politecnica de Catalunya | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    U P C  c/ Gran Capita s/n Ed. C4      | Tel: +34 934016846
            08034 Barcelona, Spain         | Fax: +34 934016756