Hi Nick,
I can replicate this in the current devel head.
I checked it in as $PTII/ptolemy/domains/pn/test/PNPNSleep.xml
However, the nightly build is not running it because it hangs.

I suspect that part of the problem is that the Sleep actor also uses
Threads.

See ptolemy/domains/test/auto/PNPNtest1.xml for an example of PN
inside PN that works.

I'll see if I can make some progress on the problem you point out.
One issue is that it seems like the UI is not very active after
I see two exceptions.

_Christopher

--------

    Hello,

    I have been recently trying to nest a composite actor that contains a PN
    director inside of a workflow with a PN director.  During this an
    exception is thrown:

    ptolemy.actor.process.TerminateProcessException:
            at
    ptolemy.domains.pn.kernel.PNQueueReceiver.get(PNQueueReceiver.java:185)
            at ptolemy.actor.process.Branch.transferToken(Branch.java:194)
            at ptolemy.actor.process.Branch.run(Branch.java:161)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

    Also during this i have noticed that the composite actor is registering
    as a blocked actor to the top level workflow while the composite actor
    still has active threads that are not blocked.  The result of this is
    that my workflow is ending early because all threads of the top level
    workflow are blocked.

    A did a search through the old threads of this mailing list and
    discovered this:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ptolemy/browse_frm/thread/c651
   8f53ade268e3/be6a079feb81a5b3?q=PN&rnum=1#be6a079feb81a5b3
    It seemed to indicate that at that time it was not possible to nest PN
    inside of PN:

    I would like to know if it is currently possible to do this type of
    nesting.

    I have attached the workflow i am using to test nesting PN.

    Thanks,
    Nick