Hi Joe,

Yes there is no Groovy actor.
Jython is a Java implementation of Python.
We do have a Jython actor in $PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/python.

We use Jacl, a subset of Tcl implemented in Java for the test suite.
I like the quick turn around of writing tests in Jacl.  There is no
Jacl actor.  See $PTII/doc/coding/testing.htm

_Christopher
--------

    I just checked the current CVS copy of Ptolemy II and don't see anything,
    so I'll ask the question: is anyone working on an actor that provides
    scripting in Groovy?  It seems a natural fit since Ptolemy II is written
    in Java.

    There are several forms that such an actor could take.  Since Groovy is
    so close to
    Java (it compiles to bytecode at runtime) it could be used to code
    entire actors
    in Groovy, making Ptolemy a bit more RAD by eliminating the compile cycle.
    Or it could be used to provide something like the Expression actor, but
    with a
    bit richer language.

    --
    Joe Buehler