Hi, Wahid. Sorry, there is no further information on the opts files. These files were hand-written by David Gay in order for him to do some internal unit testing on the nesC compiler. They were not widely published, and I obtained them from him and included them in the Viptos release only so that more of the nesC files would compile automatically with nc2moml, without user intervention.

Basically, you should put whatever you need into opts that will allow you to compile nesC files separately from the rest of the application (and don't put it only in the makefile, even though you might be able to find the information you need in the pre-existing makefiles). The necessary flags and environment variables are not Viptos-specific. You should consult the nesC and TinyOS documentation for further information. If you need help on understanding makefiles, the O'Reilly reference on make is a good one to read. Another good reference is to read the man pages for gcc or avr-gcc, since some necessary flags may be gcc-specific.

Good luck,
Elaine