Christopher,

Thank you very much once again. Ptolemy II 7 beta worked for me on Ubuntu.
On Sol-10 11/06 both versions of ptolemy work just fine as it has java 1.5
installed.

Now I'm trying to invoke viptos by running bin/viptos and it starts ok.
I have set the following env vars:

setenv  TOSROOT /opt/tinyos-2.x
setenv  TOSDIR /opt/tinyos-2.x/tos  and finally
setenv PTINYOS_MOMLROOT /usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/util

However, I read the installation notes (either on the site or in the tarball)
and a 'vendors' directory is mentioned, which I do not have.

I read the manuall saying that the env variables should be:

setenv TOSROOT $PTII/vendors/ptinyos/tinyos-1.x
setenv TOSDIR $TOSROOT/tos
setenv PTINYOS_MOMLROOT $PTII/vendors/ptinyos/moml

but I do not have vendors.
What is more, I cannot successfully run the demos as I encounter errors about
localtions, xml moml...etc.

I strongly believe that my env vars are not the appropriate ones.
So, which could be the TOSROOT, please, as I only have
/usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos with no tos in it.
I do not have vendors anyway.

I have tinyos-2.x installed in /opt/tinyos-2.x and I run TOSSIM with scripts
there.

It seems that I miss something importand here.

Thanks in advance,

Eva Kolega
Phd Student
National Technical University of Athens, Greece

Christopher Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Hi Eva,
>
> Ok, I can replicate this with Sun's java.
>
> The version of Java I tried was:
>   -bash-3.1$ java -version
>   java version "1.6.0_05"
>   Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_05-b13)
>   Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> I did:
>   wget http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII6.0.2.src.tar.gz
>   tar -zxf ptII6.0.2.src.tar.gz
>   export PTII=/tmp/cxh/ptII6.0.2
>   cd $PTII
>   ./configure
>   make >& make.out
>
> What I get is:
>
> ../../../ptolemy/data/type/ArrayType.java:423: non-static variable this
cannot be referenced from a static context