Ptolemy II uses Java classes that extend ptolemy.moml.MoMLFilter to
update class and property changes. These classes are in $PTII/ptolemy/moml/filter/. There are accessor methods that should allow you to add your changes to the filters. See how ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLApplication access the filters.

However, if your changes are just the default values of the actors,
and you did not change those values in the individual actors in your
model, then opening the model again should show that the new default
values are used.  I think there was a bug in Ptolemy II 6.0.2 that
might have resulted in the default value sometimes being copied though,
so you should probably upgrade.

Another thing to try is to use actor oriented classes.  By defining a
base class actor from within the GUI, it is easy to instantiate that
class and then change the defaults in the base class and have them
reflected in the instances. See the Ptolemy II documentation for details, probably chapter 2 of volume I, "Using Vergil".

_Christopher
Atul Gulati wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to know if there exists a mechanism to update flows saved to newer versions. ( something similar to Importing old versions projects in the popular development IDE's like Visual Studio.) I had created a flow using actors that have now gone through some changes. Will it be possible that all old flows that are saved in XML Files with old actor configuration when opened with the updated setup get upgraded with the new changes(just with some default values for new parameters). Does any such mechanism exist in the moml specification that can allow this feature to be built within ptolemyII. I am currently using the ptolemy II version 6.0.2. <http://6.0.2.> Regards,
Atul.