"p. meyer" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to build Ptolemy 0.7.1p1 from scratch (including GNU Tools) on
> SUN Sparcstation4 Solaris2.5.1 and I didn't succeed because ptlang
> failed to compile the ACS domain stars (files with corona statement
> only). Segmentation Fault message is generated. What's the problem?
> Could someone help me, please?
>
> Many Thanks in advance.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi:

That sounds like you hit the ACS ptlang bug which will occur only if your shell
lacks the PWD variable (e.g. Bourne shell). On Solaris this bug will cause
ptlang to crash with SIGSEGV when trying to process ACS stars (see comments in
the attachment). I already sent the attached stuff in January and the 2nd patch
(pt0.7.1p1.ptlang.patch.gz) will fix that ptlang bug.

Best regards,

Wolfgang.
--
Wolfgang Reimer (Dr.-Ing.)

Technische Universität Ilmenau  -  Ilmenau Technical University
Address: TU Ilmenau, FEI/IKM, PF 100565, 98684 Ilmenau, GERMANY
http://ikmcip1.e-technik.tu-ilmenau.de  Phone: +49-3677-69-2619
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Fax  : +49-3677-69-1195

V I R T U A L     P H O T O N I C S     I N C O R P O R A T E D
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http://www.vp-bned.com