"p. meyer" wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. It seems you are the only one who
> is working intensively with Ptolemy at the moment. Is it true? I made
> the few changes in ptlang.y, and now everything works well.
>
> Please let me introduce my job. I'm working for a European Program which
> aims to build a Framework for Digital Signal Processing System
> development. The Framework should help us to reduce the time to market
> of our products (hardware and Software) and also to reduce the time for
> redesign in case of component obsolescence. Ptolemy is one of the
> candidate Tools (sorry, I know that Ptolemy is a Framework, but...) and
> I have in charge to evaluate this tool by the end of September '99.
> Therefore I will probably need more help...
>
> Thank you again,
>
> Patrick
>
> -------------------------------------
> Patrick Meyer
> Digital Signal Processing H&S Designer
> Hollandse Signaalapparaten BV,
> Department: R&S-FD

Hi Patrick:

There are lots of other people out there using Ptolemy. Also such companies
like Cadence and HP have developed own software systems leveraged by the
Ptolemy technology. Actually, there are two different Ptolemy platforms now:
Ptolemy II and Ptolemy Classic. Professor Lee's Ptolemy group in Berkeley is
really doing a great job (Thanks to all involved!) and I guess they are rather
focussed on the new Ptolemy II project now. I am still developing under Ptolemy
Classic and I am using it for model implementation, simulation and design of
photonic transmission systems (WDM).

If there is no commercial tool which is readily designed for your purpose
already then Ptolemy might be the right choice for you. It is a great open
framework to implement new modules (Stars), interfaces, and models of
computation (Domains, Targets) and it runs under all important operating
systems.

Best regards,

Wolfgang.
--
Wolfgang Reimer (Dr.-Ing.)

Technische Universität Ilmenau  -  Ilmenau Technical University
Address: TU Ilmenau, FEI/IKM, PF 100565, 98684 Ilmenau, GERMANY
http://ikmcip1.e-technik.tu-ilmenau.de  Phone: +49-3677-69-2619
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Fax  : +49-3677-69-1195

V I R T U A L     P H O T O N I C S     I N C O R P O R A T E D
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http://www.vp-bned.com