Sang Young Oh wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Wolfgang Reimer wrote:
>
> > Sang Young Oh wrote:
> > >
> > > HI,
> > > I've been trying to download ptolemyclassic0.7.1 for Redhat Linux6.0,
> > > from
> > > http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyclasssic/pt0.7.1/download.htm.
> > > but login failed.
> > > Is there anyway I can get that file?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > samuel
> >
> > There is a typo in your URL (double "s" visa triple "s" in classic), use
> > http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyclassic/pt0.7.1/download.htm
> > instead :-)
> >
> > Regards Wolfgang.
> > --
> > Wolfgang Reimer (Dr.-Ing.)
> >
> > Technische Universität Ilmenau - Ilmenau University of Technology
> > Address:   TU Ilmenau, FEI/IKM, PF 100565, 98684 Ilmenau, GERMANY
> > http://ikmcip1.e-technik.tu-ilmenau.de    Phone: +49-3677-69-2619
> > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Fax  : +49-3677-69-1195
> >
> > V I R T U A L      P H O T O N I C S      I N C O R P O R A T E D
> > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.virtualphotonics.com
> >

> Thanks for your reply, but the error I mentioned was not the wrong
> address.
> It was rather FTP error. The error was:
>  "
>   The requested URL could not be retrieved
>   The following URL could not be retrieved:ftp://ftp.tu-
>   ilmenau.de/pub/unix/ptolemy/ptolemy0.7.1linux
>
>   Squid sent the following FTP command:
>         CWD ptolemy
>
>   and then received this reply
>
>         ptolemy: No such file or directory.
>
>   This might be caused by an FTP URL with an absolute path
>   (which does not comply with RFC 1738).  If this is the cause,
>    then the file can be found at ftp://ftp.tu-ilmenau.de/%
>    2f/pub/unix/ptolemy/ptolemy0.7.1.linux.
>   "
>   so, I tried the ftp link specfied in the last line of the above ererroe
>   message, and it still gives me the same error message.
>
>   Would you have any suggestion?
>
> Thanks
> Samuel.

Hi Sam:

Generally, the ftp address
ftp://ftp.tu-ilmenau.de/pub/unix/ptolemy/ptolemy0.7.1linux/ is still
valid. However, our central ftp server has got some serious problems
recently which will hopefully be resolved soon. In the meantime please
use the copy from the Berkeley site
(ftp://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/pub/ptolemy/contrib/linux/ptolemy0.7.1.linux/).
Do not forget to downgrade to rpm-2.5.6-6.0 and read KNOWN_BUGS
_B_E_F_O_R_E_ installing Ptolemy.

Regards,

Wolfgang.