Has anyone gotten "pigi -debug" to work using recent GNU tools?
I'm using gcc 2.95.2 and gdb 4.18 on HPPA (HPUX 10.20), and
finding that it just doesn't work very well at all: such critical
stuff as setting breakpoints mostly won't work.

I've also tried a recent gdb development snapshot, with no better luck.

Curiously, gdb seems mostly OK on other projects, it just doesn't
cope with Ptolemy --- perhaps something to do with the odd way
that pigiRpc gets started?

                        regards, tom lane