I've been wanting to do something like this for some time...
The way that I would do it would be to create a subclass
of TypedCompositeActor which, when fired, executes the contained
model much the way the top-level Manager currently executes
a model.

What I'm not quite so clear on is how to get initial configuration
data in, and how to get execution results out.

I was just talking to Steve Neuendorffer about this, and one
idea is for inputs and outputs to be provided by port parameters.
I'm not quite as clear on how to transport the results to
an output...

Edward