Hildesheim, Germany - Pengutronix has released a board support package for
Phytec's phyCORE-i.MX27 ARM v5 based CPU module.
Its to be used in conjunction with our PTXdist userland build system version
1.0.2. PTXdist is one of the major technology components of Pengutronix's
professional Open Source Embedded Linux Automation Services (OSELAS -
http://www.oselas.com).

The OSELAS.BSP-Phytec-phyCORE-i.MX27-6 is a feature expansion release due to
added ALSA audio support.

Supported phyCORE-i.MX27-6 major features:

        * NOR flash
        * Fast ethernet (FEC)
        * UART
        * SPI master
        * I2C master
        * onboard I2C EEPROM support
        * onboard I2C RTC support
        * Framebuffer support (preliminary)
        * Touch support (preliminary)
        * supports the PCM-970 evaluation base board
        * CPU frequency scaler
        * Camara support through Video for Linux (v4l)
        * Audio for playback and capturing

Thanks to some user reports we also fixed a few hidden bugs, especially the
I2C bus on the baseboard now is working again.

This BSP release can be found at our download site:

        http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/phytec/

The PTXdist 1.0.2 release can be found at the download site:

        http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/download/v1.0/

The OSELAS.Toolchain-1.1.1 release can be found at the download site:

        http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/toolchain/download/

ChangeLog (since release 6-pre1):

----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------

2008-08-03      Juergen Beisert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                * kernel: i.MX27 audio driver
                 - more clean up
                * CPU frequency scaler: adjusted for audio support
                 - increase clock speed also with low audio load to get
                   stutter free sound
                * kernel: Upgrade to 2.6.25.10
                * kernel: fix external I2C trouble. Missed PullUp added to
                  SDA line
                * BSP: final 6 release

2008-08-02      Juergen Beisert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                * kernel: i.MX27 audio driver
                 - one time only record fixed
                 - fixed sample rate for mono streams added

2008-07-01      Juergen Beisert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                * kernel: i.MX27 audio driver
                  - clean up
                  - fix mikey mouse voices for mono streams

--
Dipl.-Ing. Juergen Beisert | http://www.pengutronix.de
    Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686