On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:48:25AM +0100, Remy Bohmer wrote:
> > You need to make the *packet* tristate, not the feature-options in
> > the "if" part. There is some magic that correlates the packet labels
> > (name in capital letters) to the packet names. So instead of your
> > ...  you should make one in file per application and, if you want
> > to, put them into your own section, like
>
> Okay, clear. It is somewhat confusing, because the Kconfig mechanism
> understands it perfectly.  What was the background/reason for making
> it packet based? What problem does it solve?

The semantics of how we use Kconfig in ptxdist is

- there are packets and packet options
- packets can be Y/N/M
- options are bool

This separation is important, because for example "select" statements in
packet labels are used to generate make dependencies between packets,
whereas select statements between options do only enable the options
without any influence on the make deps.

> > The "project_specific" section is included by default, if you want
> > to use your own section (maybe for grouping the test tools like you
> > mentioned above), invent one and put something like
>
> I read the application notes, and tried it... But the project_specific
> section was automagically not included... (on 1.99.11) So, I have a
> patch also to make it become included ;-) I will test on trunk if it
> is still needed.

Ah, you are right, my mistake. Please check the OSELAS.Phytec-phyCORE-9
BSP for reference; including the project_specific section is nothing
magic, but completely under control of the Kconfig file in the project
workspace.

rsc