Hello Alex,

I put some answers into your feedback.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: ptxdist-boun...@pengutronix.de [mailto:ptxdist-boun...@pengutronix.de] On
Behalf Of Alexander Dahl
Sent: Freitag, 13. September 2013 12:47
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] gpsd library

Hei Thomas,

Am 2013-09-13 11:29, schrieb Thomas Walter:
> ich habe eine Frage bzgl. GPSD bzw. libgps.a.

This mailing list is in english, if you don't mind, I answer like this.
[TWalt] Fine with me ... sorry, missed it ... just posted the same in english

> Unter Ubuntu setzte ich sowohl
> auf dem PC als auch auf einem non-ptxdist embedded System (ebenfalls
> Ubuntu) die neueste Version der gps Libraries ein (3.9-3).

I guess you mean the libraries included with gpsd from
http://www.catb.org/gpsd/? There's a gpsd package in ptxdist, but it seems to
be very old containing version 2.39.
[TWalt] Yes, that’s I already use on other systems (PC and embedded). I found
the old lib also right now in the package, but it is really very old!

> Tests mit der aktuellen
> arm libgpsd-dev 3.9 Version auf meinem Phytec AM335 Board (Toolchain
> 2001.11.1, BSP 12.1.1) zeigten,

Which toolchain are you actually using? Certainly not one from 12 years ago?
[TWalt] Typo ;-) ... "2011"

> dass diese GPS Lib eine neuere libc
> voraussetzt als in der Toolchain und dem Target verfügbar.

Which libc is required? How did you prove this?
[TWalt] The library is loaded and could not find the required .so file "xx_15".
The one on the target is "xx_14".

> Ich bin dann bei
> libgps-dev auf die Version 3.6-4 herunter gegangen und damit scheint
> es jetzt zu gehen. Das einzige was mir auffällt ist, das ich bei
> „speed“ teilweise „NaN“ (Not a Number) bekomme, was ich mit derselben
> GPS Mouse unter den anderen Systemen (Linux PC und Linux embedded
> System) nicht bekomme. Die restlichen Werte sind OK.

Did you search in the changelogs if this is a bug which is fixed after 3.6?
[TWalt] No, not yet, but thanks for the hint!

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first
thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.«