Ok,

the Kconfig files needs to be in $BSP/, not $BSP/rules.

But I cannot use the template:
$cp /usr/local/lib/ptxdist-2012.03.0/rules/templates/kconfig/Kconfig .
$ ./ptxdist menuconfig
config/Kconfig:6: invalid statement

ptxdist: ' menuconfig' returned with an error

But it work when I copy the global Kconfig and add a submenu there:
cp /usr/local/lib/ptxdist-2012.03.0/rules/Kconfig .
$ ./ptxdist menuconfig
<works>

Any ideas on how to use the template? Copying over and then modifying the global Kconfig is not the way to go...