http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_excomm/19990305_xex_lesson_forgo.shtml

>Now the Communist Chinese troops have targeted ours stationed at Taiwan in
the straits. They have sent the signal, and the countries of Western Asia
have seen it. To our recent demands the Communist Chinese have either not
responded at all or have responded by telling us to mind our own business
and have now even stated without equivocation that if we dare to try and
protect Taiwan, they will give missiles and missile technology to other
countries that are hostile toward us. With each futile pretense of a gesture
from this president the Chinese Communists only increase their drive to
dominate the Western Pacific. The message to all of the surrounding
countries is as clear as it can be: China, not the U.S., is the real power
in Western Asia.
So what do you suggest?

In 1938/39 it would have been easy to say Nazi Germany was the real power in
Europe, too.

Dion Giles