At 06:33 PM 13/04/99 +0800,  Omega quoted:

>American, Not Only Russian, Volunteers for Serbia?

>PHOENIX, Apr. 11 - We've all heard about the 60,000+ Russian volunteers
who have signed up to fight for Serbia against NATO, including some 5,000
Cossacks, the imperial Russia's fiercest warriors.

>"Here on the bridge are the Russian Cossacks, the Russian officers, the
Russian generals," said one among the many Cossacks displaying a colorful
array of Tsarist uniforms, traditional sheep skin hats and impressive waxed
mustaches, who joined yesterday the Serbian "human shield" crowd, gathered
for yet another night on the Brankov bridge across the river Sava in
Belgrade.

Cossacks would be excellent fighters to help back up the Serb forces.
Their centuries-old tradition of ethnic cleansing against Jews, and their
wartime collaboration with Nazi Germany, would give them all the racist
credentials they needed.

Dion Giles