----- Original Message -----
From: Wally Dove
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 2:06 PM
Subject: Fw: Be aware!

Hi Folks,

I have several passions, one of which is health.

We are responsible for our health and cannot and should not, rely on the government and their buddies, the large corporations, to protect and promote ours.

What follows, should be of interest to all of you.

If not, I apologize for sending this to you.

Regards,
Wally Dove

This is not one of those myths and legends- get the word out to those you
care about and love.
Rog

Aspartame seeping like sewage into food supply

Now they're mixing it with sugar, unlabeled, and its seeping like sewage into
our food supply with equal toxic effects. It will take Congressional action
to remove the poison, because the FDA sleeps with Monsanto and is their
branch office in D.C. Three Congressional hearings disclosed rivers of
damning evidence, but Monsanto lobbying neutralized them. Trade data from
NutraSweet admitting aspartame breaks down into DKP, a brain tumor agent was
presented.
The choice of protecting citizens or taking money is always a no brainer.
When the bovine growth hormone issue was discussed only one congressman
refused contributions. So consider that Monsanto and their buddies sleep with
the FDA, own many in Congress, and hire the media: but they don't control us.
This is a people-to-people crusade and your voice, excitement, zeal and
unstoppable persistence are decisive. It's a citizen's problem and must be a
citizen's project.
It either has to end in Congress or in the courts! 1,000 lawsuits should get
Monsanto's attention. They're trying to sell the NutraSweet Co. as they know
the lawsuits are coming. They are being hit from every angle. The United
Kingdom is going after their genetic Frankenfoods. The press is becoming
aware and articles are being written, TV exposes are shown and more books
written to warn the world. Soon it will be an unstoppable avalanche.
We do this around the clock. What hurts most is the millions affected, and
aspartame has more victims than many wars. Alzheimers is now the 4th cause of
adult death and nursing homes can't be built fast enough to hold the victims.
Diabetes tripled. MS and lupus are rampant. Aspartame causes disease, agony,
outlandish medical expense, unnecessary diagnostics, miscarriages, birth
defects, infertility, tumors, mental impairment, rage and crime ..... the
list is endless, but the FDA counted 92 symptoms including DEATH! Pilots lose
sight, mental stability, their occupations, and some their very lives.
Passengers, planes and pilots have lower priority to our government agencies
than the business interests of Monsanto, one of the greatest poisoner's on
the planet, and I have thousands of case histories to back up these
accusations, and our government has more!
Simply put: Dollars before people! Aspartame Awareness Day is going to help.
One million signatures will get their attention. As Dr. Bowen who has Lou
Gehrigs Disease from aspartame told the FDA - its mass poisoning! Congress
and the Justice Department must now disregard Monsanto's power (with their
checkbook) and finally do its job. Their families can lose their life just as
much as ours from their poison. There is nothing any stronger than consumer
power in action. We also have to make the restaurants, grocery stores and
manufacturers responsible. I know it's a big job, but after years I can now
see the finish line. With Dr. Roberts' new medical text on the world plague,
the world should target those responsible to solve the problem who have
failed in their duties.
And in the end, one more book will have to be written: A Crime Against
Humanity: The Aspartame Story! And then all trade organizations who made
themselves prostitutes will also be exposed.
FDA, CDC, FAA, Justice Department - Are you listening?
Major Media is Attempting to Crush Aspartame Expose
on the Deadly Effects of Aspartame...
The following is a letter from Betty in response to an onslaught of negative
and misleading misinformation from the major media.

(NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful) The Nancy Markle Story!
Contact Betty Martini, 770 242-2599
It's an old plot. We've seen it many times. A gigantic corporation
contaminates the community, spreading deadly toxins. People are sick,
children die, but the greedy poisoner remains undetected. At last a
persistent reporter finds the source. Now denials begin, authorities side
with the polluters, against the people. A smoke screen of propaganda and
ridicule is raised so business and dying can continue as usual.
Some mainstream media too often dependent on advertising from these
corporations won't expose them, and would never allow a bright reporter to
tell the story. Monsanto, Coke and Pepsi have fat checkbooks so will the
pride of true journalism in getting the facts to the people take a backseat
to exposing them in the NutraSweet issue?
Someone using the name of Nancy Markle took a report from www.dorway.com I
had written about lecturing at the World Environmental Conference, and added
her name. She made some changes but the message of aspartame mimicking MS as
it destroys the central nervous system was exposed as well as other problems
caused by the toxin. It is escalating Alzheimer's an d Parkinson's Disease as
well as precipitating diabetes. It causes blindness and even Focus
(http://www.focusnewsletter.org/aspartame.htm) in Nov, l998 (Vol. 3, No. 3)
had an article on aspartame titled: What's Blinding the World! Dr. Louis
Elsas testimony before congress (pediatric professor at Emory University) was
discussed in the post and quoted him saying aspartame is a neurotoxin and
teratogen (triggers birth defects ). It also triggers lupus. This article was
carried on 450 global networks and circulation on the Internet and beyond
could have caused circulation to exceed CNN and AP.
Thousands of Aspartame Disease victims emailed and called as well as media,
hospitals, clinics and medical establishments. A support list was setup on
line on the Internet as victims counted the days off aspartame and watched
symptoms disappear. They tell of the addiction of this drug masquerading as
an additive, and shattered years of medical problems. You could weep at the
stories. My computer has crashed three times because it can't take the
thousands of cases coming in and we are in the process of adding the biggest
hard drive and memory made to record what may be one of the largest epidemics
in world history.
H.J. Roberts, M.D., said in his first press conference that if something
wasn't done about aspartame then in 5 or 10 years we would have a plague on
our hands. Now Dr. Roberts has declared aspartame disease to be a world
epidemic and is in the process of publishing the medical text on the world
plague. His other publications can be gotten at
http://www.icanect.net/sunpress/
In talking to AP, Lauran Neergaard, said she would tell the story if there
was a peer reviewed study on MS and aspartame. She mentioned she was on the
web site and said "but I didn't mention your name". No, she didn't and
neither did she mention the web site. And there she was on a web site that
showed that the story was true containing even government documents.
There is the Bressler Report, the FDA audit of the horror of the original
studies that approved aspartame, the FDA's own report of 92 documented
symptoms from coma to death triggered by aspartame, the damning CDC
investigation and even the protest of the National Soft Drink Association,
showing that Coke and Pepsi knew aspartame breaks down into a witches brew of
toxins at 86 degrees before they ever put it in pop. They also knew it was
not a diet product because it is a drug that makes you crave carbohydrates
(last page of report) and misrepresented this to the public. If you want to
get fat NutraSweet is where it's at!
I have no sympathy for the MS Society because they have been sent information
for years including Dr. Roberts position paper MS or Aspartame Disease? and
never uttered a word to warn the victims. In Atlanta at their walk-a-thon
while Mission Possible gave out medical documentation on aspartame's ability
to mimic MS and destroy the central nervous system they gave out Diet Coke.
They were furious that these walkers were getting this information.
So the MS Society and the FDA who over-ruled a Board of Inquiry to approve
this deadly toxin were swamped with calls. I personally spoke to Dr. Rudolph
Harris at the FDA who admitted all the calls. I told him to stop giving out
false information that aspartame is safe, and that we had the actual
government documents on www.dorway.com to show they were lying. He answer to
me: "We can't refute that!" I asked him again why the FDA refused to answer
the 26 questions on www.dorway.com sent to them by Newt Gingrich. Could it be
that if they answered truthfully they would have to recall aspartame. Instead
they simply sent me propaganda and federal registries and told Gingrich's
office they have to talk to their attorneys. But they were quick to talk to
CNN to try and squelch the outcry of the public even though they knew the
truth. Those there to solve the problem ARE THE PROBLEM!
As to a study on aspartame and MS, there was one in l983/84 that did show
that aspartame destroyed the central nervous system, triggered brain tumors
and seizures and other neurological horrors. But it was never published - it
showed aspartame to be a killer. A statement from the translator, notarized,
is on www.dorway.com There is a new study that indicates auto-antibodies
contribute to destruction of nerve fibers myelin sheath, the hallmark of
multiple sclerosis (University of California ). H. J. Roberts, M.D. over
three decades ago explained in publications about MS that if the myelin is
damaged by any cause the body may take antibodies to the myelin fragments
which then can initiate a vicious cycle which can breakdown myelin. Aspartame
or its byproducts can damage the nerves sheath, and the body may respond by
making the antibodies to it.
Journal of American Geriatric Society, Volume 12, 9/26/64; On the Etiology,
Treatment and Prevention of MS, South Medical Journal, Volume 59, page 940,
l966
On this new study Dr. Roberts emphasized to me that the model of experimental
EAE is not the counterpart of human MS and is not related to reality in
patients who have pre clinical MS or evolutionary MS .
Also, there is a new study on Parkinson's Disease which clearly points to
environmental factors and diet rather than to genetics.
Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D., author of Excitotoxins: The Taste That
Kills (1-800/643-2665) gave me these points which support this study:
1. Parkinson's Disease is a disorder who's cause appears from substantial
evidence, to be related to excitotoxicity. These toxins destroy the cells in
the brain central to this disease.
2. Excitotoxins cause these brain cells to generate enormous amounts of free
radicals. This is true of MSG and Aspartic Acid ( aspartame ).
3. There is substantial circumstantial evidence that dietary excitotoxins ,
including aspartame, can aggravate these destructive changes in the
Parkinson's brain .
4. The additional toxins - DKP , aspartate, methanol, formaldehyde and formic
acid - add to this injury .
5. Recent evidence demonstrates that aspartame product, formaldehyde -
accumulates within cells and damages proteins and DNA .
Michael Fox was a Diet Pepsi spokesman and wondered why he got an old man's
disease at the age of 30? Be assured he now knows and has been warned that
aspartame changes the dopamine level of the brain. Think of the ramifications
of this. Read Senator Metzenbaum's bill that never got out of committee on
the problems surfacing in the population in the 80's that he wanted to have
investigated by independent studies. Notice aspartame is a drug that
interacts with other drugs!
A good deal of Dr. Blaylock's material is on www.dorway.com including a
lecture where he says the reactions to aspartame are not allergic in nature
but toxic like arsenic and cyanide. There is the interview also in transcript
form where he tells how studies are doctored, how aspartame triggers ADD, and
why pilots are having seizures and other problems. Three American Airline
pilots who were heavy users of aspartame have died, one in flight, and
another has had a stroke. I can't think of anything more hazardous to
aviation safety than allowing pilots to consume a deadly neurotoxin known to
be a seizure triggering drug (proven in a pivotal study on 7 monkeys in which
5 had grand mal seizures and 1 died, (SC18862), that also triggers confusion,
memory loss, blindness and cardiac symptoms.
Christine Gorman who wrote the Time magazine article admits in her article
that she searched the web for the problems like multiple sclerosis, seizures,
etc. in the Nancy Markle article and found the web site where there was
almost an identical letter. So she too was on www.dorway.com
She said she didn't believe any chemical could cause all these problems, yet
there on the web site was the FDA report admitting 92 symptoms and there are
many more. She had to have seen the secret trade information exposed in
Congress where the original manufacturer, Searle, admitted they had to
consider complete conversion to DKP ----A BRAIN TUMOR AGENT. Yet, she puts
down brain tumors. How famous is the doctor who made world history in l996
over the aspartame/brain tumor link? Dr. John Olney is so famed he founded
the field of neuroscience known as excitotoxicity and his update is on
DORway. Christine picked up industry and flaming web sites in her article but
she wouldn't give the one site that had the government documents and world
expert reports on the subject.
Christine Gorman even picked up the propaganda on Monsanto's web site, all
this baloney about trace amounts of methanol exist naturally in many fruits
and vegetables. The truth of the matter is in ASPARTAME: METHANOL AND THE
PUBLIC HEALTH by Dr. Woodrow Monte, Journal of Applied Nutrition, Volume 36 ,
Number 1, l984 where he says: "Ethanol, the classic antidote for methanol
toxicity, is found in natural food sources of methanol at concentrations 5 to
500,000 times that of the toxin. Ethanol inhibits toxins through the lungs
and kidneys." You don't slur your words when you eat an orange but many do
with aspartame.
In Dr. Roberts book Sweet'ner Dearest on page 168 and 169 he says "Producers
and their representatives have become masters at dodging the very mention of
its name, especially on talk shows . They prefer to call this chemical
"aspartic acid and phenylalanine as the methyl ester." In the body, however,
the "methyl ester" translates into METHYL ALCOHOL ..also known as METHANOL
and WOOD ALCOHOL !!! The public is more familiar with methanol as an
ingredient of fuels (such as Sterno) and antifreeze. (The methyl ester is
required for aspartame's taste since aspartyl-phenylalanine is tasteless. )"
Dr. Roberts goes on to say: "Just in case you didn't know, methanol is a
severe metabolic poison. The dictionary defines "poison" as a substance
having an inherent tendency to impair health or destroy life. ... Significant
amounts of methyl alcohol in its free form are rarely found in nature. The
ingestion of relatively small amounts can result in blindness , other serious
illnesses and even death."
Dr. Ralph Walton on 60 Minutes explained there are only 90 valid studies on
aspartame that were independent and 83 showed problems with the toxin. The 7
non-industry studies attesting to aspartame 's safety were 6 studies from the
FDA and 1 literature review reflecting almost exclusively the industry
sponsored research. Since the FDA has been trying to cover up this issue for
years you can dismiss the 6 studies. They went so far as to refer complaints
to the AIDS Hotline as discussed in Congress!
Dr. Walton himself did a study although NutraSweet refused to sell him the
aspartame because they had no control over the study. After one subject
started bleeding from the eyes, another had a retinal detachment and others
complained of being poisoned, the institution stopped the study.
How do you do a study on MS and aspartame ? Who wants to sign up for a dose
of poison? That was tried in South America with people in poor villages who
wouldn't be missed they thought. The biggest study on aspartame has been done
on the consumer public in 100 countries of the world, and the cases on the
sick and dying continue to pour in.
This press release will travel in the path of the original article signed by
Nancy Markle. Responsible journalists will tell this side of the story and
publish after research of the DORway web site. Those who have sold out to
industry will defend it to the end. Most people with problems from aspartame
will continue to search and find us, as they have been doing. For those who
believe comments in articles like Time and AP may go on using this toxin
until it can be removed from the market. They can go on losing babies or
bearing those with deformities, having seizures, developing Alzheimer's
(Defense Against Alzheimer's Disease -- 1-800/814-9800 -- Dr.Roberts), going
blind and destroying their central nervous system. These reporters will have
to live with this all the days of their life because they saw the truth and
didn't publish it.
Coca Cola profits tumbled 27% in the fourth quarter and 14% in l998. Monsanto
who makes NutraSweet is trying to sell the NutraSweet Kelco Company! To avoid
billions of dollars of law suits? The news is out and it can't be covered up.
Aspartame exposers are even called toxic terrorists! Indeed, Nutrasweet has
terrorized nutrition and disbeliveers embark on the Monsanto Titanic. Its
iceberg proof, you know, and up for sale !
I hope that every responsible journalist publishes this side of the story,
those who believe like Mission Possible that death and disability are not
acceptable costs of business. Fraud in science is despicable, as despicable
as failure to tell consumers the truth when the facts are known by the media.
Now Monsanto wants to get approved neotame, an even more potent aspartame!
Betty Martini, Mission Possible International (a worldwide volunteer force in
the US and many countries warning the world off aspartame) 770-242-2599
For a map of the 450 pages on www.dorway.com email [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
nothing in message text or subject line. Also check out
http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/ and aspartamekills.com
Aspartame is Poison. We can Survive it.
1. Take the 60-day No Aspartame Test and send us your case history.
Mission Possible International
9270 River Club Parkway Duluth, GA 30097 USA
2. Tell your doctor and all of your friends!
3. Return Asparcidal food to the store.
(anything with Monsanto's NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful/Benevia/NatraTaste)
VISIT http://www.dorway.com/ Get links to over 30 sites on aspartame

---