You were asking about description logic programming; well, OWL 2 RL:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/#OWL_2_RL

is exactly that: it is a manifestation of DLP. It has a Direct Semantics 'side', compatible with OWL 2 DL, and a rule based 'side', described by
the rule set:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/#Reasoning_in_OWL_2_RL_and_RDF_Graphs_using_Rules

This rule set can be used for a forward or backward chaining approach
(or a combination thereof) that you describe. I have heard rumours
and/or statements on implementations coming up from various vendors. I
have, actually, a purely proof-of-concept-stupid-simple implementation
doing brute force forward chaining:

http://www.ivan-herman.net/Misc/2008/owlrl/

Just to show what happens. And I am sure other implementations will come
to the fore that I do not yet about.

Cool stuff. How would backward chaining work? Would it be invoked via SPARQL? Is listing all properties of a given resource still possible?

Axel

--
axel.rauschma...@ifi.lmu.de
http://www.pst.ifi.lmu.de/~rauschma/