Martin seems to be fighting a lone battle, but fwiw I'll add my +1 to his comments.

I do take the point that, in context, it's really nice if rdfs:seeAlso gives a URI that provides more data in RDF and many applications will make that assumption. But to /rely/ on that every time seems at odds with the, AIUI fundamental notion, that a URI is an identifier and no more.

I'd say that if you see an rdfs:seeAlso property, sure, send an HTTP request, but do it with a suitable accept header. If you get a 200, great, add the data, but be ready to deal with a 406 (I've got it but not in the format you have specified in your request).

Describing a URI with further triples is good, nothing wrong with that, but to use that to decide whether or not to dereference an rdfs:seeAlso URI means looking for a description of the linked resource and then acting accordingly. That sounds like a relatively heavy bit of processing that HTTP kind of takes care of for you.

Phil.