On 1/17/11 12:27 PM, Nuno Bettencourt wrote:
Hi,

Even though I'll be deviating the point just a bit, since we're discussing URI
comparison in terms of RDF, I would like to request some help.

I have a doubt about URLs when it comes to RDF URI comparison. Is there any RFC
that establishes if

http://abc.com:80/~smith/home.html
https://abc.com:80/~smith/home.html
or even
ftp://abc.com:80/~smith/home.html

should or not be considered the same resource?

All of the above are Addresses (based on what I can infer via my visual senses). The URI abstraction enables multiple scheme data access. "ftp:" and "http:" are schemes. None of them isA resource. They simply provide access to data why may be serialized in a variety of formats to a user agent that de-references any of these Addresses. Basically, network aware pointers with data representation dexterity courtesy of URI abstraction and HTTP's content negotiation.

Kingsley

Best regards,

Nuno Bettencourt