On 6/17/11 4:30 PM, Henry Story wrote:
In that space we have foaf you may say. But nobody really bothered making it potent. For example the viral part is missing: we only just wrote up a paper on how to make friending easy (viral) http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/05/09/

So what the linked data community needs is really to go back to basics and build really useful applications of linked data, where you get more and more people to join in by showing immediate benefits.

As I recall, WebID is a practical application of Linked Data (which encompasses FOAF in this context) that's inherently viral :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO