On 9/23/11 8:09 AM, Jesse Weaver wrote:
APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

I would like to bring to subscribers' attention that Facebook now
supports RDF with Linked Data URIs from its Graph API.  The RDF is in
Turtle syntax, and all of the HTTP(S) URIs in the RDF are dereferenceable
in accordance with httpRange-14.  Please take some time to check it out.

If you have a vanity URL (mine is jesserweaver), you can get RDF about you:

curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/<vanity-url>
curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/jesserweaver
If you don't have a vanity URL but know your Facebook ID, you can use
that instead (which is actually the fundamental method).

curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/<facebook-id>
curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/1340421292
> From there, try dereferencing URIs in the Turtle.  Have fun!

Jesse Weaver
Ph.D. Student, Patroon Fellow
Tetherless World Constellation
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~weavej3/

Jesse,

Just reiterates the fact that structured data is a critical vector for high fidelity Linked Data propagation, at InterWeb scale. On the other hand, Syntax wars deliver nothing but inertia re. the same quest.

We now have schema.org (on one side) and Facebook on the other. Net effect: a tremendous increase in Web accessible structured data -- in directed graph form -- delivered via some of the Web's largest data spaces :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO