Hello,

I would like to express a composition relationship. Something like:
A Country consist of Provinces
A Province consists of Municipalities

I thought this should be straightforward because this is a common and logical kind of relationship, but I could not find a vocabulary which allows be to make this kind of statement. Perhaps I am bad at searching, or maybe I did not use the right words.

I did find this document: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/SimplePartWhole/ ("Simple part-whole relations in OWL Ontologies"). It explains that OWL has no direct support for this kind of relationship and it goes on to give examples on how one can create ontologies that do support the relationship in one way or the other.

Is there a ready to use ontology/vocabulary out there that can help me express containment/composition?

Thanks in advance,
Frans