Nigam,

Sorry for the delay in responding...

To answer your question on how to build Collections of relations,
all you need to do in order to add members to a Collection is declare:

add { Nigams_relations hs:member :binds_to_promoter }

That sets the relation : binds_to_promoter to be a member of the Collection "Nigams_relations"

Take a look at the chemistryCanvas.ad file in BioDash and look at the ":sampleChemicalRelations" Collection definition...

The basic tutorial documentation fro Haystack can be found at: http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/documentation.html

for developers : http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/developers/index.html

Hope this helps,

Eric

--- Nigam Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently installed BioDASH following instructions
> at
> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/swls/BioDash/Demo/install.html
>
> I got the demo installed and now want to play with
> it (i.e. try and
> extend it to see if it works). There is a collection
> called 'Sample
> chemical relations' that is provided with the demo.
> Let's say I want
> to create 'Nigam's relations' and add relations like
> "binds_to_promoter" to it and define the
> domain/range constraints for
> it.
>
> Is there a place where there is tutorial on this? I
> could create the
> collection 'Nigam's relations' easily but cant find
> an easy way to add
> to it. The Add new item menu only allows adding of
> new collections,
> lists and to-do items. How to add a relation?
>
> Please point to any pointers, links to tutorials etc
> that can be
> useful here.
>
> --Nigam.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Nigam Shah
> Postdoctoral Fellow,
> Stanford Medical Informatics.
> Ph: 650.725.6236
> Web: www.stanford.edu/~nigam/

Eric Neumann, PhD
co-chair, W3C Healthcare and Life Sciences,
and Senior Director Product Strategy
Teranode Corporation
83 South King Street, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98104