In think in the short term, in context of the HCLS demo, we can use SPARUL rules to convert various forms of definitions and labels to the usual rdfs:comment and rdfs:label. The only issue I see is that there is a need for secondary labels (or conversely primary labels), so we might want to borrow skos:prefLabel for cases where we need this. Still, I would have that be redundant with rdfs:label.

Course there is a problem with, e.g. multiple synonyms - how does one choose the rdfs:label to use in display if there are so many that are not distinguished?

-Alan