On May 18, 2007, at 1:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The specific difficulties with the location of objects and processes are to some degree inherent in the current OWL versions of BFO and the Relation Ontology. They make it a bit difficult to create statements that relate processes to certain locations and force you to make statements about the participants of the process instead.

Could you elaborate on this? My understanding is that according to BFO, pretty much everything about a process is determined by the participants (the process is existentially dependent on the participants). Although I recently noticed what I consider an oddity in the Relations in Biomedical Ontologies paper : c exists_at t = [definition] for some p, p has_participant c at t, which would seem to make the process primary.(I'm not actually sure why this predicate is needed if we already have instance_of)

-Alan