I think the bio-ontologies SIG and Semantic Web would intersect. One can do SW without ontology and one can do ontology without SW.

I think the data integration idea is a much better one. I think it a mistake to have too narrow a technology focus. The ISMB folk definitely like to see some biology and, if not that, some bioinformatics. So, doing some data integration with an emphasis on actually doing bioinformatics (perhaps with an SW theme) might go down OK.

I'd talk to the chair of the special sessions. There will be a call for SIG proposals at some time in the next few months.

Robert.