Tom Marley and Alan Rector, under a consultancy contract with NHS CfH, have successfully encoded a significant subset of HL7 RIM and NHS messages and message fragments in OWL. According to [1], Tom Marley is preparing an OWL ITS of the HL7 RIM and data types based on this work. A conference paper describing this work generically is available at [2].

[1] http://detailedclinicalmodels.org/wiki/index.php?title=Model_Formalism#OWL
[2] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Erector/papers/krmed2006-rector-binding-ontologies-to-ehrs.pdf

Samson

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Vipul and all

Sorry I will not be able to dial in today due to a time conflict.

I started to put up a wiki to examine some previous effort on converting RIM/CDA  to RDF/OWL for semantic web reasoning.  The page is here

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability/HL7CDA2OWL.html?action="">

I will add more content later this afternoon.   Please feel free to add links if you know a good ontology version of RIM/CDA.

Regards.

Helen

--
Samson Tu                                   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Research Scientist                   web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/