To: "Talapady Bhat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: GO as RDF properties

Hi Talapady,

Why not use EC number to denote enzyme and use GO as an alias? EC numbers
are far more popular and more universily known to other databases for
exchange of information.

This is for internal use, and I am using GO in my databases here.

Also why not use thermodynamics data as well ?

Actually, I am not trying to create an all-encompassing model yet. I
have a set of very sparse data that I want to get into RDF. In some
cases all I have is the enzyme and an inhibitor - not even the
substrates. By fitting it all to RDF I was hoping to be able to merge
this data with other sources later. If there is thermodynamic info I
will hopefully be able to bolt it on afterwards.

Tore

Tore Eriksson [tore.eriksson ad po.rd.taisho.co.jp]