Hi,

this looks pretty comprehensive.

Below is the list of speakers:

   * *M. Scott Marshall* (The W3C consortium). Where is the W3C now and
     what should happen next?
   * *Phil Brooks* (Eli Lilly), Semantic Web for Health Care and Life
     Sciences <http://videolectures.net/iswc08_prudhommeaux_swhcls/>
     (Tutorial)
   * *Lee Harland *(Pfizer) Industry needs
   * *Derek Scuffell *(Syngenta) Opportunities and minimum requirements
     for industry
   * *Phil Ashworth *(UCB) Industrial Strength Architectures for life
     sciences, including considerations for federated search.
   * *Don Jennings* (Eli Lilly) Experience of TopBraid, Integrating
     semantic access to data within Lilly and building linked data maps
   * *Laurent Alquier* (J&J) Intranet data integration using Semantic
     MediaWiki
   * *Nicolas Le Novère* (EMBL-EBI), the Importance of Semantics to
     Systems Biology
   * *Dietrich Rebholz-Schuhmann* (EMBL-EBI) Practical experiences from
     the SESL (Semantic Enhancement of the Scientific Literature) project.
   * *Jerven Bolleman* (SIB) Quality control using sparql and UniProt rdf
   * *Jeremy Frey* (U. Southampton) Practical applications of semantic
     web technology in Chemistry.
   * *Dean Allemang* Examples of best practice from industry
   * *Michel Dumontier* (Carleton University) Bio2RDF
   * *Matthias Samwald,* (Medical University of Vienna), title TBC

=> 50 Attendees sounds right.
=> There has been some room for break-out sessions and the definition of business needs / challenges => The workshop serves as one source of input to define the EBI's stand on Semantic Web technology (past, present, future) => The IP workshop was followed by a two-day tutorial on Linked Data / Ontologies / Semantic resources (Slides will be available soon)

Concerning Scott's email: there are a couple of resources (Triple Stores) under development at the EBI, which are or will be available as public resources and which distribute data of different kinds:
* SPARQL endpoints (UniProt, SESL, possibly ChEMBL)
* Triple Stores for download:
*** UniProt
*** SESL: Diabetes driven data integration, incl. ArrayExpress, UniProt, publisher data, in preparation *** CALBC: several 100k Medline abstracts with a large number of annotations, genes/proteins, diseases, chemical entities, species, all about immunology

Stay tuned,
    -drs-