Daniel Glazman wrote:
Jonas Sicking wrote:

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
We could also standardize the popular .getChildrenByTagName() method,
that would give the similar

  myFooElement.getChildrenByTagName("*")[3]

This seems like an excellent idea. To do in addition to the ElementTraversal spec.

I understand from Jonas's answer that he also never heard before
of that "popular" getChildrenByTagName()...

I hadn't, but I wouldn't expect to either since I'm not looking at toolkits that often.

But I was serious about thinking that adding the function seems like a good idea. It's currently much too painful to navigate around in the DOM so it's something we should try to fix.

/ Jonas