Hi folks,

It would appear that the Selectors API is done. The spec seems to have interoperable implementations according to a test suite (that is in the process of being blessed), and it would seem that other implementors are happy with the test suite even if they have bugs in their current versions.

Since the call for consensus to produce a Candidate Recommendation following the Last Call and resolution of comments received, there has been one substantive change to the document - removing [Null] and [Undefined] extended attributes from IDL, added note about handling null and undefined. It seems that there is general agreement that this change does not materially impact the specification in practice, and we can therefore request Proposed Recommendation.

(In parallel with this call for consensus is one that confirms we have a valid test suite - doing these together will streamline things if it turns out that the answer to both questions is yes)

This is a call for consensus on the question:

Noting that removing [Null] and [Undefined] extended attributes from IDL is not a significant change in practice, considering that the test suite provide by John Resig on 2009-02-19 is a valid test suite, and believing that we can demonstrate that the specification can be implemented interoperably, the group should request Proposed Recommendation status for the Selectors API spec, based on the Editor's draft version 1.97[1] (i.e. with any necessary editorial changes but no substantive changes).

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/selectors-api/Overview.html?rev=1.97&content-type=text/html;%20charset=iso-8859-1

Silence will be taken as assent, but for this question to carry there must be significant explicit agreement. Please provide responses to this thread by the end of Sunday, 15 January.

Cheers

Chaals (as chair)