On Jul 16, 2009, at 04:46 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
Robin Berjon:
 - I forget the original reasoning: is it useful that the event
initialisers have canBubbleArg and cancelableArg since presumably no
matter what parameter is passed they won't bubble and won't be
cancellable?

Shouldn’t canBubbleArg and cancelableArg be honoured when user script
creates and dispatches an event?  Even if events created by the
implementation are always non-bubbling and non-cancellable.

To be honest, I'm not entirely certain of the value in enabling user script creation of these events — but I guess that's another matter.

What concerns me is that all the initFooEvent/NS that we have all over are all copied and pasted from one another, and it's not entirely clear to me that this is not cargo-culting as I can't seem to recall what motivation there is for all of that :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/