On Sep 26, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

No we are not.  This is exactly the heart of our concern. The WebIDL
ECMAScript binding is not simply a mapping of IDL interface onto
standard language features (such as is done for the Java binding).
While it has some of that it also defines an extended ECMAScrpt language
with new semantics. (and I understand this is mostly a reflection
of past (present?) practice of browser implementers).  Essentially,
the semantics of "browser ECMAScript" has been arbitrarily split into
two independently maintained standards.

Is there any concrete concern on this front other than property access catchalls?

Regards,
Maciej