Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:46:12 -0800, Arthur Barstow <art.bars...@nokia.com> wrote:

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish a Last Call Working Draft of the following specs:

1. Server-Sent Events
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/

2. Web SQL Database
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/

3. Web Sockets API
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/

4. Web Storage
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/

5. Web Workers
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/

This CfC satisfies the group's requirement to "record the group's decision to request advancement" to LCWD. Note that as specified in the Process Document [PD], a Working Group's Last Call announcement is a signal that:

Opera is not convinced that webdatabase is sufficiently clear and supported to be a last call draft. However we support the publication of the other drafts mentioned as last call working drafts.

My personal position is the same as the above. While I support all the other specifications proceeding to LC, I think that more work needs to be done in order for webdatabase to proceed to the next step. Punting to a particular implementation (in this case, a version of SQLite) as a normative part of a specification is unprecedented in standards that this WG has released.

-- A*