Hixie, All,

On Jan 9, 2010, at 3:00 AM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:

Would this working group be interested in adopting the Window.postMessage and MessageChannel/MessagePort features from HTML5? It was recently split from the main HTML5 spec into a subspec, but some people have suggested it might be best in the webapps group. I'd be happy to continue editing it, it would just mean a change in the headers, as with Web Storage, etc (and
would similarly remain in the WHATWG "complete" spec).

Why is this functionality being removed from HTML5?

I would also like to understand: the status of the specification maturity, in particular, its closeness to being ready for LCWD; and the spec's implementation status.

Additionally, I don't see a direct connection to any of WebApps' current deliverables although I'm not familiar with this functionality:

 http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/charter/#deliverables

Is the HTML WG not interested in owning this new "subspec"?

-Art Barstow