On 3/16/2010 2:27 PM, Shawn Wilsher wrote:
Hey all,

I'm starting to work on a prototype of the IndexedDB spec to get a
better understanding of it. While working with the IDBRequest I think I
understand why nobody likes the current event-based model. I'm also
seeing that as it is currently specified, it doesn't meet the
requirements of the web developers we had talked to were looking for in
an event based API (per the latest editors draft on March 16).
Essentially, what they wanted was a way to add more than one listener
for success or error, and it doesn't look like that is currently
possible unless you roll your own callback that manages this (which they
wanted to avoid doing). As they described it, they wanted to be able to
use something like addEventListener with the option of also just setting
onsuccess and onerror (much like how XHR works).
More specifically, I'm suggesting that IDBRequest inherit from EventTarget [1].

Cheers,

Shawn

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/events.html#Events-EventTarget