On 3/22/2010 10:05 AM, Jeremy Orlow wrote:
I also can't seem to figure out what the success event is supposed to be
for just about anything.  Am I just missing something, or is this not yet
specified?
When onsuccess fires, you can then start the next request.
Sorry, I guess I'm not being totally clear in what I'm asking. In the Events [1] section, only IDBDatabaseError is specified. I'm not sure what a success message should look like, and that's what I'm asking to be clarified.

Do you have anything to say regarding a callback based API vs. event one
that inherits from EventTarget?
By callback you mean passing a callback function into the API calls, correct? Assuming that, I prefer the event based API, but I think the current spec could you some modifications to address some concerns that were brought up.

As I recall, the issue with the current event-based model is that you can only have one request in flight at a time. I think we could solve this problem by having the asynchronous methods return an IDBRequest object instead of having a global one for a given context (not completely sure how to describe all the places where we have a request attribute but that is what I am talking about). I'm not 100% sure yet if we'd need the request attribute on all of these things after doing this, or what it would be in each instance.

Cheers,

Shawn