On 4/2/2011 7:56 AM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Keean Schupke <ke...@fry-it.com <mailto:ke...@fry-it.com>> wrote:

    Infact now BDB supports the SQLite-3.0 API, you can have two
    implementation that conform to the same API. So the original
    reason for abandoning WebSQL seems no longer valid. As there are
    now more than one implementation of the SQLite-3.0 API it is a
    de-facto (open) standard.

Based on http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17076_02/html/installation/upgrade_11gr2_51_sqlite_ver.html, it's not like an independent implementation.

I ran the idea by the PostgreSQL hackers mailing list -- they were not particularly keen on the idea of supporting WebSQL/SQLite.

I've not had the time to try using an alternate [to sqlite] SQL engine in webkit; at this point, I'd start with IndexedDB APIs.

-Charles