On Apr/3/2011 6:31 PM, ext Aryeh Gregor wrote:
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Arthur Barstow<art.bars...@nokia.com>  wrote:
I'm not sure we need to explicitly designate test suite maintainers.
I'd be okay with not having specific maintainers, but then we need to
figure out some good process for what to do if someone finds a test
bug.  With a spec, you can file a bug and the editor gets CCd.  The
editor is responsible to fix it, and also has the ability to fix it.
If no one is specifically designated as test maintainer for each spec,
then who has the responsibility and ability to address the bugs?

These are good points Aryeh. I was thinking a test suite was more like "group property" but it does make sense to designate one or more persons to be responsible for a test suite. By default, that responsibility should be the spec Editor(s) (and possibly others) and if that is problematic, Charles or I can be designated. This would also address the TBD re "should we create a bugzilla component per test suite" -> yes, each spec will have its own test suite component in Bugzilla (e.g. ProgressEvents-testsuite).

I think all of the substantive comments to date only affect the proposed Approval page. I'll notify the list after I've reworked that document to reflect the comments.

Thanks again, I think this will result in a simpler and clearer process.

-AB