On 8/10/2011 5:04 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
The point of streamed XHR is to receive data as soon as it's available
so that you can process it right away. This also means that you're
likely going to get the data in pretty small chunks. Hence the use
cases for streaming are basically the direct opposite of the ones for
blobs.
I agree. And BlobBuilder is easy to use: there is little need for chunked-blob.

It also doesn't make sense for parsed formats, like XML, HTML or, if
we add it in the future, JSON, to use streaming. It's unlikely that
the contents of those can be delivered in chunks, and so it's better
that we'll just incrementally parse, which is already what happens.

There are streamed XML formats: SVG and InkML come to mind as possibilities.
MP4Box + GPAC lay SVG chunks, and use discard.

InkML would be a likely candidate for streaming live sessions.
I'm fine with one typed array, 'chunked' == arraybuffer,
as I can work from there whether it's text or not.

That is, I don't -need- a chunked-text. If I'm streaming, I'm treating
the data first and foremost as raw bytes.

-Charles