On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:18:43 +0200, Charles Pritchard <ch...@jumis.com> wrote:
Before we add yet another set of features, when are we going to attempt to get interoperability on the current feature set?

Some time after adding another set of features, I'd imagine.
This has always been the way of XHR.

Really? In my experience there has not been much of an attempt to converge so far.

We've got a pretty strong case for chunked array buffer as a -single- feature. Between Mozilla and WebKit, I'd imagine one of the vendors will implement this year.

We'll see.

I wrote a test suite of sorts for features prior to XMLHttpRequest Level 2, but so far it has seen little feedback. Also nobody has contributed tests for the new features added to XMLHttpRequest Level 2.

Where's your test set from prior? I'm booked this month, but I'd be happy to pick it up next month.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webapps/file/6631738fc83b/XMLHttpRequest/tests/submissions/Opera has my tests it seems. (Not sure why they were moved from their original location without someone telling me.) Feedback and/or new tests would be awesome, thanks!

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/