The issue with pointerlock is that it requires the app to draw its own
cursor instead of the OS cursor, which has at least two significant
drawbacks:

   - Significant pointer lag between movement input and actual movement on
   screen compared to an OS-drawn cursor (yes, even at 60fps),
   - Inability to use DOM elements with mouse events for a game overlay/HUD..

We could work around #2, but #1 is a no-go for a twitch game such as a RTS
where mouse accuracy and responsiveness is so critical.

Something like a different kind of pointer lock that uses the OS cursor and
only prevent the cursor from exiting the window canvas would be optimal.